Note: Some of the FAQs here were duplicated from our sister property Lord Essex Apartments as we complete the Montclair Mews specific answers. Everything will be slowly updated through April, possibly May as well.

Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers. If your question is not answered here, feel free to contact us.
Click/tap on the question to see the answer.

Be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be changes with some of the information below. We try to update the information here as things change, but with each executive order from the governor of NJ, or announcement from the CDC, or ordinance change from the township, or policy change from Affiliated Management... we can't re-write this web site every day. If in doubt, ask the Resident Managers.

Montclair Mews Apartments answering machine: 973-746-8696
Montclair Mews Apartments text/voicemail (residents only): Not available online
Affiliated Management phone: 973-992-1555
Affiliated Management fax: 973-992-6838

Any property with less than 50 apartments (20 at MM), is expected to be a part-time, secondary job. We can not answer the phone directly, because we will either be working for an unrelated job, doing work on the premises outside of our home, or enjoying the evening/weekend. However, you can leave us a message by e-mail, voicemail (residents only), text (residents only), answering machine, fax, or paper letter and we will get back to you as soon as we are available. ...sometimes, right away.

There are two phone #s for Montclair Mews Apartments. One is the land-line with answering machine, that has been the same phone # for years: 973-746-8696. We will only get answering machine messages when we are at home, at Lord Essex Apartments, in our apartment.

The other is the residents-only number for text and voicemail (does not ring to a phone). We will get voicemails and text messages left at the residents-only number wherever we are. Mon-Fri 8am-10pm, or outside of those hours, for emergencies only. It will only wake us up at night if we already have your phone number in our address book/contacts. You received a note from us and another note from Affiliated Management with that phone number in September 2019, or when you moved in if it was after that. If you lost both notes, let us know, we'll give you the phone # again.

If you ever need it, these are some of the places you can find the land-line number:

The best way to reach the Resident Managers is e-mail:

Wikipedia: ZIP Code

The ZIP Codes for Montclair are 07042 and 07043. 07043 is used by the Upper Montclair neighboorhood.

The extended ZIP+4 ZIP Codes for Montclair Mews Apartments are below:

BuildingApartmentYour extended ZIP+4 Code is:
N/ANo apartment - management07042-3735

The Star Ledger

Each newspaper paper will probably be outside the "A" building entrance door or inside the foyer.

Local newspapers are typically delivered with your mail

Montclair Local will be left in a stack on the foyer mail table

The Montclair Dispatch
Montclair Local
The Montclair Times

Sorry, no. Damaging of your windows is not allowed.

If you need to put a window fan in or something like that, and want to ensure that the window stays closed down on to it, we can provide you with a vinyl-window lock that will not damage the window.

If you will be using a window air conditioner, make sure you get a support for it that non-destructively rests against the window and brick outside. Do not screw in to anything.

Do not put tape on the window. Also, you may want to try wedging a thin rubber door stop into the window gap to keep it closed, or put a properly sized 2x4 vertically at the the top of the inner window sash, bracing it closed. Just make sure it does not damage the window at all.

See also: How do I install the window locks?

Montclair Mews Apartments is a relatively small apartment complex with husband & wife Resident Managers. Though they do live in an apartment on-site, the property would need to be about double in size for there to be a full-time staff, and even then there would not be a receptionist.

The best way to reach us is usually by e-mail, we check it regularly day, night & weekends. We check for new voice messages most often between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.

If you ever have an emergency situation, call and leave a voicemail at the residents-only text/voicemail number that we (and the management company) gave everyone in two notes under their apartment door when we started in September 2019. If we are away, that same number will forward to whoever is on call while we are gone.

For our contact information, look under Contact Contact Information at the top of this page.

No. The Resident Managers live on-site, but there is no management/rental/maintenance office. If you need to reach them, e-mail, call, or fax. If you are a resident, you can also send text messages.

The Resident Managers are part-time. We ask that you do not knock on our door without speaking to us first. We have other (unrelated) jobs. Jason works from home most of the time. Ann is elsewhere at work during the day. We can not have people knocking on our door constantly, but we do have very flexible schedules. As long as you e-mail or call us first, we can usually be available day or night.

For any lease or billing related issues, contact the Affiliated Management office M-F 9am-5pm.

For contact information, look under Contact Contact Information at the top of this page.

Either just e-mail us your new info, or even better, e-mail, fax, or mail us a completed contact-info.pdf form from the forms page.

We can also give the Affiliated Management office your updated info if you want, but they usually just ask us for it whenever they need to contact someone in the building.

On the 1st Thursday of every month. All exterminator dates are listed on the Calendar page.

If the typical exterminator day falls on a holiday, they will come the following business day (M-F). They may also come on a different day if snow is expected on the usual day.

If you would like us to have the exterminator spray in your apartment, let us know at least 24 hours in advance of the monthly day that they come here and we will add you to the list. If you have any issues beyond just seeing a bug or two, we can set up an appointment for you.

Our understanding is that if you have children or a cat, you should keep them away from it until the sprayed spray is dry.

If you have any questions for the exterminator company directly, look for their sticker inside one of your upper kitchen cabinets. If you do not have one of the stickers, contact the Resident Managers for their phone #.

Unless it falls on a holiday or during snow - The next exterminator visit should be Thursday, October 7th

You can pay your rent online, by mail, or in person (at the office). See the Pay Rent page for details.

Compact fluorescent (CFL) light bulbs should not be thrown away in the garbage because they contain mercury.

You can bring them to any The Home Depot, they should all have a display near the entrance or the returns register where you can place them for recycling (for free). The closest one is in Bloomfield. Lowes stores do this too, the closest is in Paterson.

You can also hold on to them and bring them to Essex County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in May or October. For more info, see our Garbage & Recycling page.

You can find more info about CFL recycling/disposal here:

In 2020, due to COVID-19, PSE&G stopped reading meters or entering any buildings in general unless it was an emergency. They resumed meter readings around August/September 2020. This caused many issues, including surprisingly high bills, their meter reader employees leaving and finding a new job - after several months off, who can blame them...

After several estimated readings, PSE&G automatically sends out a letter - the same letter whether you live in a house that has a meter in the basement, or an apartment complex with meters in a locked utility room that you can not go in. If your PSE&G bill shows "estimated", this means that the meter reader was a no-show, they did not read your meter. If this happens, call 800-436-7734, use their app, or use your web site account at

Everyone that has ever lived at Montclair Mews Apartments has had an account with PSE&G. The meter reader has keys to enter the building themselves. They have had the keys since the property was built.

In case they loose the keys, we have provided them with the code for a key box where they can use alternate keys. The Resident Managers have been doing this long enough to know where the meter readers work out of, who their supervisor is, etc. If keys or code changes, we tell them directly and mail new keys. During the pandemic, their customer service centers are closed, so they don't have the staff that they normally do there. It takes them longer to get voicemails and letters.

If PSE&G needs new keys, or the correct key box code, they must contact the Resident Managers (or Affiliated Management 973-992-1555). If they do that, we can meet them or they can come to us, we can give them new keys and tell them where to go and how to get in. As this is written, we last provided them keys, code and instructions in mid-January 2021.

As of March 3, 2021, here are upcoming meter reading dates according to the schedule that they provide on their web site (

  • March 8, 2021
  • April 7, 2021
  • May 6, 2021
  • June 7, 2021
  • July 7, 2021
  • August 5, 2021
  • September 3, 2021
  • October 5, 2021
  • November 3, 2021
  • December 6, 2021
  • January 6, 2022
  • February 4, 2022

The MM "A" building electric meters are in the "A" building boiler room. There are no gas meters in the "A" building. Everyone has an electric range. Tenants can not enter the boiler room. The door can not be left unlocked.

The MM "B" building electric and gas meters are in the "B" building basement. If you live in that building, you could submit a reading through their web site or app, but the better solution would be for the meter reader to get it together... and resume reading meters.

If you call customer service, from what we've heard from tenants, they may tell you that they will not call us, that they don't know who the owners are (we have the keys, who cares who the owners are?). They can leave voicemail, e-mail, text and we'll meet them, or they can pick up keys from us at Lord Essex Apartments. If they will not ask the management company who the Resident Manager is, the proof that we are who we say we are, is when we give them keys that work, and information that is correct. (right?)

This will be an ongoing issue for all involved, until PSE&G finally replaces the old meters with new ones that can be read remotely from outside. They've been available for a while, they are just upgrading them veeeeery sloooooowly. If they contact you with a generic letter about replacing your electric or gas meter, even if it will only be a newer non-smart meter, make the appointment, then let the Resident Managers know when it is. You will need to be there so they can confirm that your electricity and/or gas are OK in the apartment after they finish. If you are in the "A" building, they will need to contact us also to get where the electric meters are. If you are in the "B" building, you can let them in to the basement as long as they have the appropriate ID, uniform, meter number and such.

SEE ALSO: PSE&G Will Replace Existing Electric Meters With Smart Meters Throughout Our Electric Service Territory

You may find that you are receiving mail for previous tenants. If someone moves out and fills out a Change of Address form with the US Postal Service, that only lasts for 1 year. If they don't have people/companies that send mail to them update their address, it will be delivered to their old address after it expires. (or if the mail carrier makes a mistake and misses the CoA)

The US Postal Service will deliver mail to any name at your address. They have no idea who should receive mail there.

If you get any mail that says "or current resident", "or current occupant", or anything like that - that is yours, even if it says someone else's name.

To make sure the sender updates their records, write on the letter "Return to Sender - No Such Addressee" and then send it out to be returned. Without adding a note, it may end up back at your door again.

As this is written, here are your choices... As always, you should pay attention to signs and/or call the Montclair PD to verify that this is still correct.

  • Park in your assigned parking space or garage - make sure we have your current car and license plate info on file
  • Park on Claremont Ave or North Mountain Ave any time except for 2am-5am and when snow covered
  • Get a parking permit online that will allow you to park all night until 8am the following day: Montclair Township: Online Parking Services
  • Call for more info from the Montclair Parking Utility 973-509-4997 or e-mail
  • Park in one of Montclair's public parking lots, probably requiring paying a meter or getting a permit - have your visitor follow you there, park one car there, drive the other one back to Montclair Mews Apartments.

See also: eCode360 Township of Montclair, NJ: Chapter 228 Parking, Chapter 230 Parking Lots

Our garbage and recycling dumpsters are emptied on Monday and Thursday.

For a huge amount of additional information, see the Garbage & Recycling page.

You can smoke in your apartment, or outside at least 10 feet away from any building.

If you smoke in your apartment, even by an open window, be aware that it will coat walls, appliances, light fixtures, etc. and that usually results in an adjusted security deposit to cover the costs for extra cleaning and painting when someone moves out.

At Montclair Mews Apartments, you may not smoke in any common areas: Not in the entrance stairwells, laundry room or or any other indoor common area. This includes any type of smoking (cigarettes, cigarillos, cigars, pipes, hookahs, bongs, e-cigarettes, ...), including electronic devices. For more information see:

When smoking outside, please try to avoid smoking near apartment windows.

Montclair and Essex County have banned smoking in public buildings and township-owned property such as public parks and recreation areas.

Essex County has banned smoking in any county-owned park and within 25 feet of any Essex County building entrance. This includes Grover Cleveland Park (Caldwell/Essex Fells), Verona Park, South Mountain Reservation and Recreation Complex, Eagle Rock Reservation, and others in the area.

Door closers are required by law. Their purpose is essentially to contain a fire and to decrease the possibility of a robbery if you are bringing in groceries or new furniture.

They can not be removed, but they can be adjusted. However, as they are adjusted, they must be able to fully close and latch after being let go from 45 degrees. They may close and latch differently in the summer heat than they do in the winter cold (a wood door expands and contracts), it must work all year. We already do this before a vacant apartment becomes occupied.

If your neighbors drive you crazy letting theirs slam all the time, ask them to prevent it from slamming. Unfortunately, we can not adjust it to prevent that.

You are allowed to have one or two 100% indoors-only cats. They must be spayed/neutered (when old enough). Cats are required to be licensed in Montclair. If asked by Police or Animal Control, you must be able to provide proof of current rabies vaccine. For our records, we require a physical description, male/female, name, and a picture. We keep a list of all cats in the building in case of fire or other emergency, or if one gets out by mistake.

Cats are required to be licensed in Montclair. See the Montclair Township web site, Dog & Cat Licenses page.

We are sorry, but dogs are not allowed, of any size or noise level. You may not even have a dog visit temporarily.

A fish bowl or small fish tank is allowed. You must get approval from Affiliated Management for a tank that is more than a gallon or two. One crack can cause severe damage to your floor and anything below your apartment. You (and/or your Renter's Insurance) would have to pay for the repairs.

A turtle in an enclosed tank is allowed.

For any other pets, even if you assume it would be obviously OK, contact Affiliated Management to check before you get it.

At this time, there is no pet deposit or fee, but you would be required to remove all traces of your pet before moving out. That is, extensive cleaning, ensuring that no future tenant with allergies would be effected by it. If repairs had to be made or a cleaning company had to be hired because you had a pet in the apartment, then those charges would be passed along to you.

If you are interested in adopting a cat, some local options are:

* = The Resident Managers have personal experience with these

Contact us if you are going to adopt a cat, before you go. They may require a letter or a phone call verifying that you are allowed to have one in your apartment.

Pets inside decals:


A visitor can leave a bicycle up against the side of a wall for a few minutes, but beyond that, it would have to go inside your apartment. Preferably without leaving dirt tracks in the entrance stairwell.

You can not leave anything else outside, other than, of course, your vehicle in your assigned parking space or garage.

Some people have put decorative items outside in the dirt where bushes and plants are. Though specifically forbidden in the lease, at this time, nobody will mind those being there as long as they are not obtrusive, do not cause any safety issues, and do not generate complaints from other residents.

See also: Can we get satellite TV in our apartment?

Contact the laundry company for a refund. They own, service, and collect the coins from the machines. Make sure you tell them if it was a washer, a dryer, and the number on it.

If there is ever a problem with a machine like a dryer is not drying well enough (after you clean out the lint trap), it is not draining water, or any other mechanical issue like that, contact us. That way we can keep an eye on it's progress, put an Out of Order sign on it, and we can contact their service department.

Do not ever screw in to, nail in to, tape, or otherwise damage the windows. As the saying goes: You break it, you bought it.

The best way to secure a window is to close both sashes, and lock it.

If the window slides up and down, push the top all the way up, push the bottom all the way down, then lock it. Don't assume it is locked, try to move it.

[ Window lock image ]

If you want to secure a window that is partly opened, so it can not be opened further (without a sledgehammer), then you can use vinyl window locks for up/down sliding windows.

Vinyl window locks are available through and at Home Depot. We have never purchased any ourselves there, but you might also find them at Ace Hardware or True Value Hardware.

Some examples of vinyl window locks that are available:

  • Defender Security U 9809 Sliding Window Lock for Vinyl Windows
  • Prime-Line White, Diecast, Vinyl Window Security Lock, model U 9809

Do not use aluminum window locks on any windows, those are made for metal windows and will damage vinyl ones.

See also:
How do I install the window locks?
Can we nail/screw/drill through our windows, window sills, or window frames?

If you live on the A (bottom) floor, you were left one lock per window when you moved in, or when the windows were installed if you lived here at the time.

If you need one on upper floors because, for example, you would like to leave your fire escape window cracked-open, but prevent any evildoers from opening it further from outside, you can use one of these window locks to do that.

You can also do that if you put a window fan in the window and would like to ensure that the window sash holding it down does not open any further.

The locks clamp on to the side of the window frame above the sash that you are trying to hold from moving up any further. The sash is the two halves of the window that slide up and down. Place the lock on the window frame as shown in the pictures. Turn the handle clockwise to tighten, counterclockwise to remove it: "Lefty loosey, rightey tightey".

[Window lock pic 1]
[Window lock pic 2]

See also: Can we nail/screw/drill through our windows, window sills, or window frames?

We are certainly not entomologists or exterminators, but from what we have seen, spring and summer are the times when many insects thrive most in this area. Then in the fall, insects try to get inside to get out of the cold. It's nearly impossible to keep every single one of them out. Other than the common housefly, mosquitos, bees, wasps, etc. you may also see ones going up the wall that look like Firebrats or Silverfish and usually near trees and bushes you will find Stink bugs.

If you do see a Stink Bug, scoop it up on a piece of paper and either dump it in the toilet & flush, or dump it in to a Ziploc bag, and throw it in the garbage. DO NOT SMOOSH IT or vacuum it up or you may experience where they got their name. You can throw it outside too, but it may just find it's way back in again, or lay eggs...

If you see only a few, try something like:

You can usually find them at Home Depot, Target, some hardware stores, garden centers, and supermarkets. You can use those to spray a protective barrier across your window sills that should prevent or at least minimize them from coming in that way. We did this before you moved in, if you moved in after we started here.

Make sure you let us know in advance, if you want us to ask the exterminator to spray in your apartment when they come every month on the 1st Thursday.

If you will be sprayed, try to keep food and paper products in lower cabinets in a sealed container. If you have an ongoing problem, take pictures, make notes of where and when you see them, and give us or the exterminator that information to help figure out what type of insect it is and where it is coming from. Different insects eat different material, and different types require different treatments.

If you ever see a large number of bugs inside or outside, contact us right away.

See also: When does the exterminator come?

  1. Verify it is not just a GFI/GFCI outlet trip
  2. Verify that it is not just a breaker in the apartment
  3. See if the entrance stairwell lights are out or not
  4. If at night, see if the outside lights are out or not
  5. If it's everywhere, call PSE&G at 800-436-7734 or report the outage online
  6. Contact the Resident Managers to make sure they know

If only one outlet is not working, check to see if the outlet is a GFI/GFCI outlet - one with test/reset buttons. This is most common in kitchens and bathrooms, because they are required there by building code. If so, try the reset button. Some have a small light on them when they have power.

If only a few outlets or lights are not working, check the electrical panel. Every apartment has an electrical panel with breakers in it.

If no breakers are tripped and everything in the apartment is out, check the building entrance and outside lights. If they are out too, then the whole building is probably out. Contact PSE&G at 800-436-7734 or do it from their web site, (from your smartphone or other mobile device with a connection). After that, if you can, let the Resident Managers know that yours is out and that you called PSE&G.

Do not assume that someone else in the building has already called PSE&G. Every apartment should individually call or report it online when the power is out so they know how many people are effected. You can usually get an estimation of when power will be restored if it is a known problem.

The Montclair Mews Apartments answering machine will run off of a battery backup until it runs out. If you have an old land-line phone that does not require a power adapter, that will still work in a power failure - but with Verizon FiOS it will stop working after it's battery backup runs out (usually in a closet.

If you have medication that must be refrigerated, and no way to keep it cool, let the Resident Managers know.

Convenience stores and supermarkets will have an inexpensive styrofoam cooler, ice, a flashlight, candles, etc.

In an extended natural-disaster type power failure, as with Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and the blizzard in 2011, we will provide alternate common area lighting. We have battery powered lights, glow sticks, etc.

Short answer: ...because that is the correct way to do it.

Long answer:

Jason is a System(s) Administrator. Someone that works on servers and networks, and has been using the Internet, and working with Internet-oriented companies for a long time.

Long-time computer users, especially computer and network engineer types, consider "top-posting", or replying at the top, to be incorrect. Some even consider it to be rude, or a breach of Internet etiquette (aka. netiquette). top-posting is especially frowned upon in Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, and user forums - depending on the target audience.

top-posting has become common in recent years because Microsoft started making that the default setting in their e-mail software, and it spread to smart phone manufacturers wanting their business as well. Now many people find it faster to simply reply at the top, leaving the entire original message below, with no reference points and no chopping it for brevity or understandability. This is the same as using forward instead of reply. [ This is not very helpful when you send and receive several hundred e-mails every day ]

Jason certainly doesn't expect you to change how you write e-mail, but he's not going to either. :-)

If you care to read more about posting style:

If you have not seen your neighbor in a while and you are worried about them, especially if they are elderly or are ill, let us know and we can try to contact them or their emergency contact(s).

If you are truly worried for their well being, call the Montclair Police Department at 973-744-1234. When they arrive, tell them to contact us.

See also: Where can I find your phone number?

If you get locked out, send a text message or leave a voicemail, at the residents-only phone # that we gave you. If either of us are at Montclair Mews Apartments at the time, we will let you back in as soon as possible. There is no fee for this unless you do it constantly.

None of our personal or Montclair Mews Apartments phones ring at night because we get apartment calls, marketing calls, calls from contractors, and the rest 24/7. Only leaving a voicemail at the residents-only phone # that we gave you, from a resident phone # in our contacts, will wake us up. Locking yourself out is not considered an emergency, it's a self-imposed inconvenience. In case we are asleep, out, or on vacation when this happens to you, we highly recommend that you leave a copy of your keys with a local family member or trusted friend.

We keep a copy of everyone's keys in a locked key locker, which is in a locked room. If you loose all copies of your keys, we can give you our copy so you can get more copies made.

Our predecessor left us with hundreds of keys, most of which are not labeled, or do not work. If you like, you can leave us a copy of your keys for us to keep in our new (October 2019) key safe.

If someone steals your keys, we can have our locksmiths come to re-key the locks. You would have to pay for that. Once our locksmith's invoice arrives at the Affiliated Management office, that amount would be added to your next rent bill.

We keep a list of all tenant vehicles and vehicles that tenants allow to park in their assigned parking space. We also have a list of previous parking violators.

If someone is in your parking space, if possible, take down the following information:

  • License plate (including state)
  • Vehicle color
    If at night, guess or tell us that you can't tell
  • Vehicle make
    Accura, Ford, Honda, Lexus, Nissan, Toyota, ...
  • Vehicle model
    ...if it says
  • Exact time that you first saw it there
    ...if you did not call right away
  • If you can e-mail or text a picture of it there, even better

If we know who's vehicle it is, we will contact them immediately. If not, they will get a note from us in their windshield, and if they are still there after a few hours, they can be towed.

Note: We can not hear the land-line phone ring while we are sleeping.
Note: Someone being parked in your parking space is not an emergency.
If someone is in your space, do not leave a voicemail at the residents-only number before 8am, after 10pm, or during the weekend. Instead, e-mail or leave a message on the answering machine and we will handle it when we are available.

Until the other vehicle leaves or is removed from your space, you can park in the street until 2am. You can get a parking permit from Montclair's web site to print out and put in your windshield if necessary.

If there are any vacant apartments available with a parking space at the time, we may be able to allow you to park there in the evening after the showings and contractors are done for the day.

As long as they've been there long enough where they wouldn't be gone before the tow truck arrives, we will call the police department, have them ticketed, and then the tow company.

See also: What are my options for parking?

Short answer: You are.

Long answer:

You should always assume that you will have to shovel your parking space, or wait for the sun to melt the snow in it.

If you are physically unable because you are elderly or are visibly injured (crutches, a cast) and have nobody that can help you, contact the Resident Managers. ...though, if you are physically unable to shovel snow, please consider that you may not need to go for a drive in it.

You are more than welcome to hire kids with shovels or someone with a snowblower, but keep in mind that you will be held 100% responsible for what they do.

If the Resident Managers are notified in advance of when the plow is coming, they will let everyone know, but that is very rare - it usually only happens when there is a big storm or the parking lot is already filled up with snow piles from multiple snow storms.

Task Responsible party
Apartment power, gas, TV, phone, Internet-access bills Tenants
Sewer, water bills Lord Essex
Heat Lord Essex's boilers
Hot water Lord Essex's water heater
Purchasing & changing apartment light bulbs Tenants
Cleaning the apartment Tenants
Tightening or replacing toilet seat Tenants
Toilet plunger Tenants
...but if you can't clear the clog yourself, Lord Essex
Repairing building-owned...
Air conditioners
baseboard heaters
bathroom exhaust fans
light fixtures
ranges (stove/oven)
range hoods
Lord Essex
...unless it is tenant-damaged, then tenants (financially)
Common area light bulbs Lord Essex
Building hallway welcome mat Tenants
Apartment Comcast equipment, wiring Wiring: tenants, equipment: Comcast
Apartment Verizon FiOS equipment, wiring Wiring & battery: tenants, equipment: Verizon
Clearing snow from parking space Tenants
Replacing broken blinds Lord Essex orders and replaces them, charge added by Affiliated Management to tenant rent bill (when the bill for the blinds arrives there)
Lost keys, no security issue Lord Essex will provide a key for free that you can get copied at Ace Harware, Home Depot, etc.
Lost keys, security issue If someone stole your keys, or you wrote your address on your key chain and lost your keys, or you have a stalker, ...
Charge from our locksmith would be added to rent bill
We have a lock-out device that we could put over the doorknob until they arrive
Locksmith due to worn lock If our locksmith re-keys it to the same key - Lord Essex

The range hood model # is underneath, usually on the left side. The microwave model # is usually inside on a metal plate. Once you have the model #, you can find the part # of a replacement filter. If you can not find it, contact the Resident Managers, they have that information for every apartment.

The most common range hood installed here is the Broan model 413001. The manufacturer part number for it's filter is 97007696. You can also find it as Broan-NuTone model # 41F. The dimensions of the filter are 8-3/4" (8.75) x 10-1/2" (10.5) and it is 3/8" (.375) thick. You can usually find replacement filters on,, etc.

If you cook regularly, you should replace the filter every year or when it starts to look discolored and greasy.

See also: Maintenance Tips, Manuals

We'd be sorry to see you go, but if you need to move out, simply return your annual lease renewal form marked Reject before the "no later than" date specified, sign and date it, then get it to the Resident Managers. The note included with it describes how to that. It will then be hand delivered to Affiliated Management the following business day.

If you need to ask for an extension to match up with your move in date at the new location or anything like that, contact the "Assistant" for Montclair Mews Apartments at Affiliated Managment. See the Contact Info page. As this is written, that would be Lisa.

Advice: Leave yourself an overlap period. Lots of new places are not ready on time, lots of closings fall through.

Once everything is set, we will send you information about the details of moving out, including showing the apartment to future tenant candidates, painting, cleaning, and so on.

Renter's insurance is not required, but it is highly recommended.

Click/tap on Effective Coverage below for a note sent out by Affiliated Management in June 2015:

Effective Coverage

If you see someone smoking outside directly in front of a building entrance or you see them smoking in any inside common area such as an entrance stairwell or the laundry room, you might try informing them that it is not allowed first. If you like, we (the Resident Managers) can do that if you tell us the apartment and name or description of the person doing it, date and time that you witnessed it happening, or better yet - send us a picture of it happening. You can also submit a form for the State of New Jersey:

As you might imagine, that would be the slowest option. You can contact the local health department. As this is written, that is probably supposed to be Montclair Health & Human Services.

You can also at least ask the Montclair Municipal Clerk about it.

If it is on a county road, like Bloomfield Ave, contact Essex County Department of Public Works online at or by calling 973-239-3366, ext 2220.

If it is on a local road, like Claremont Ave, contact Montclair Community Services/Public Works at 973-509-5711.

Montclair Mews is in Ward 4

Montclair Township: Find Your Ward

[ Extra lines are here so we can skip down to the last ones in the list ]